Social Work and Human Services Degree Programs


The human services associate degree programs can help prepare students:

  • To become a counselor, therapist, social worker, and more.
  • For employment at schools and organizations for youth, families, community, and more.
  • Transfer to four-year colleges and universities to continue their studies in related majors.
    Students who earn the AA-T in Social Work and Human Services degree are guaranteed admission to one of the California State Universities in a major deemed similar*.


For program maps, visit the Learning & Career Pathways website.
Programs Associate
Certificate Noncredit
Basic Employability Preparation
Behavioral Health
CSU GE Breadth
Human Services
Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)
Liberal Arts
Liberal Arts and Sciences: Science, Math and Technology
Social Work And Human Services


Please see a counselor to create a Student Educational Plan (SEP) tailored to your needs

*Local BA programs for transfer:
SFSU BA Social Work; SJSU BA Social Work; CSUEB BA Sociology emphasis in Social Service 


Examples of Careers that can start with a degree or certificate in Human Services or Social Work. 

  • Rehabilitation Counselor*
  • Substance Abuse/Addiction Counselor 
  • Social Worker
  • Art Therapist*
  • Psychologist*
  • Marriage, Family & Child Counselor*
  • Mental Health Counseling* 
  • Mental Health Technician
  • Human Service Worker
  • Crisis Hotline and Suicide Prevention Counselor
  • Behavioral Therapist/Analyst*
  • Community Social Service Provider

*May require additional education. Please see a counselor for additional information.